W32/Magania Trojan Cleaner is a lightweight and portable piece of software that, as the name implies, is able to identify and remove the W32/Magania Trojan from your computer. This task can be performed immediately, in just few steps. As installation is not a prerequisite, you can simply save the executable anywhere on the hard drive and run it. As an alternative, W32/Magania Trojan Cleaner can be moved to any removable flash drive (like a USB flash disk), in order to run it on any computer with minimum effort.
What's important to keep in mind is that Windows Registry does not receive entry updates, and leftover files are not kept on the hard disk after removing the program. The interface of the tool is represented by a standard window with a plain and simple layout, where you can initialize the scanning procedure with the simple click of a button.
W32/Magania Trojan Cleaner automatically identifies and removes all files infected with the W32/Magania virus, and reveals the total scanned, infected and removed files at the end.
The program uses a very low quantity of CPU and system memory, has a good response time, and may take a while to finish a scan job, depending on the size of your hard drive. But no error dialogs have been shown in our tests and the tool did not hang or crash. On the downside, W32/Magania Trojan has not been updated for a very long time; for example, you cannot specify a target directory to scan.
W32/Magania Trojan Cleaner 5.5
6. Click the link below to start the installation of the tool.
For further information, please refer to the ReadMe.txt file included in the zip archive.
7. W32/Magania Trojan Cleaner will be installed in your My Computer.
8. Double-click on W32/Magania Trojan Cleaner.exe in order to start the tool.
9. Click the Scan button.
10. When the scan is finished, the infected files will be shown in the list (compressed files will be expanded automatically).
11. After the scan is complete, you will be asked to select a removal method.
12. You can choose from the following options:
[ ] Show all items
[ ] Show only infected items
[ ] Remove all files and empty the Recycle Bin
[ ] Remove all files except infected ones (and keep the Recycle Bin clean)
13. After you have selected an option, you can select additional options and press the OK button.
[ ] View/Remove Selected Items
[ ] Help
14. After you have completed all the necessary settings, press the OK button to start the removal process.
15. W32/Magania Trojan Cleaner will start the removal process.
16. After a minute
OS: Windows 7 / Vista
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2
Memory: 2 GB
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8600 or ATI HD 4670
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad or AMD Athlon X4
Memory: 4 GB
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 / ATI HD 5870
Note that EmulationStation must be installed separately, but installation requires no special skill.